Diversity Council Honors Award FAQ
1. What is the Diversity Council Honors Award?
The Diversity Council Honors Award™ is the premiere annual award that recognizes, honors and celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of diversity council groups (diversity councils, ERGs, Affinity and Network groups) that lead the diversity and inclusion process in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Recipients of the award set the standards of excellence for Council groups in the U.S.
2. Why was the award established?
In its fifth year, the Diversity Council Honors Award™ was established by the Association of Diversity Councils (ADC), a practice group of diversity and inclusion consulting and training firm PRISM International, Inc., in 2008. Linda H. Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM International, Inc, says, “Our firm has assisted organizations with their diversity and inclusion initiatives. We recognized the important contributions and impact that diversity councils, ERGs and other groups had on their organizations; yet, for all their great efforts there was little national recognition. We wanted to change that.” PRISM created a specialized practice - the Association of Diversity Councils - to be the premier resource for diversity and inclusion council professionals.
3. Who may apply for the award?
Application is open to all U.S. diversity councils groups (diversity councils, ERGs, Affinity and Network groups) in operation for at least two (2) years and who executes strategic tactics to achieve goals that come from an Executive Council or Steering Committee either for an entire organization, a specific line of business or business unit. Applications from distinctive multiple councils within one organization are permitted>.
4. Is there a fee to complete an application?
No. There is no fee required to complete an application.
5. Does a Council have to be a member with the Association of Diversity Councils to apply for the award?
No. This is an open application process. Membership with the Association of Diversity Councils is not a requirement to apply.
6. What is the opening and closing dates for completing an application?
The 2013 online application opens February 15, 2013 and closes June 20, 2013 at 5pm ET.
7. What if I don’t complete the application in time?
If your application is not submitted by the deadline you will miss the opportunity to be considered for the 2013 Diversity Councils Honors Award.
8. What are the Diversity Council Honors Award criteria?
Award applicants are evaluated on contributions and achievements that truthfully and accurately reflect the work of their Council over the last 12 months in these categories:
- Demonstrated Council Results
- Demonstrated Management Commitment
- Measurement and Accountability
- Communication and Education
9. Will my information be used for marketing?
No. Your information is kept confidential. Only the name of the council and the organization it serves of the TOP 25 recipients will appear on the ADC website, event branding and press releases.
10. How long does it take to complete an application?
The time to complete will vary based upon the Council. Application entry is short (83 questions) but it will take time to collect the information and form it into impactful responses.
11. Am I able to print a PDF or a WORD copy of the application and review prior to beginning the online application?
Yes. You may download a PDF version of the online application and print it by clicking here. You can download a WORD version of the online application and print it by clicking here.
12. Why do I have to enter my contact information more than once?
We request contact information for the individual who completes the application, and for the individual in the organization that should receive the official notification should the council be one of the TOP 25. Many times they are different individuals.
13. Can I start my application on one computer or browser and complete it on a different computer or browser?
No. The system for this application process requires that the application be completed on the same computer and browser. If you leave the application and need to complete it later, you will need to do so using the same browser on the same computer on which you began the application process.
14. How do I save my responses on the online application page?
Your responses are saved on the application page ONLY AFTER selecting the "Next" or "Previous" button at the bottom of the page or the "Done" button at the end the application. You can exit the browser at any time prior to completing the application and your work will be saved. When you return to your incomplete application, your application will appear on the page after the page you last completed and saved when you pressed "Next".
15. Can I stop work on my application, have it saved and resume later?
Yes. You can stop anytime and resume later. The system saves responses through a "cookie". You can exit the browser at any time prior to completing the application and your work will be saved. When you return to your incomplete application, your application will appear on the page after the page you last completed and saved when you pressed "Next".
16. What are Cookies?
Cookie technology addresses the need to keep track of information entered at a site. When you submit the application, the site can associate that information with you as you travel through the site's pages. Otherwise, every time you clicked on a different page in the site, establishing a new connection, the site would lose the information in reference to you, forcing you to re-enter it. Cookie contents are encrypted and are only readable by the site that placed them. DO NOT CLEAR YOUR BROWSER DATA AND DELETE COOKIES OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL THE INFORMATION YOU ENTERED INTO THE APPLICATION AND YOU WILL HAVE TO START OVER.
17. How can I get back into my "saved" application?
As long as you are on the computer on which you started the application, you may access the application simply by clicking the "Begin/Resume Application Process" button on the Honors Award Application page. Once you complete and submit the application by clicking "DONE", you will not be able to access your completed application.
18. Can I print my application after I have completed it?
No. Once you've submitted your completed application you will not be able to access it. Please print your application page-by-page as you are completing it. Also, after you have completed your application and before you press the "I Accept" button, you may page back to the beginning of the application and print each page.
19. When printing my application page(s) some of my answers do not print. What can I do?
Anyone can print a page from the web browser using their browser's File > Print menu option. If the check marks next to the selected answers are not visible on the printed copy, then adjust the print setting in your browser as follows:
- Internet Explorer:
- • In the browser go to the Internet Options.
- • Go to the Advanced tab.
- • Under printing make sure Print Background Colors is checked.
- • Save the settings.
- • Click on the File prompt in the menu header.
- • Select Page Setup.
- • Under the Format and Options tab, make sure a check mark is ticked under the Options for Print Background (Colors & Images).
- • Save the settings.
- FireFox on a Mac:
- • Click on the File prompt in the menu header.
- • Next, select Print. The printing prompt will open.
- • Make sure that Firefox is selected in the Presets dropdown menu choice.
- • Under the Appearance options, make sure a check mark is ticked for Print Background Colors.
- • Click Print when you are finished.
- Google Chrome:
- • This functionality is not available. In order to view all your selected responses in print, use one of the browsers mentioned above.
20. Can our council get a copy of our completed application from the ADC?
No. The application process is managed by a third party; therefore we do not have the ability to provide copies of completed applications. We recommend that you make a copy of your completed application prior to pressing the "I Accept" button.
21. How do I know for sure my completed application was received?
Receipt of your entry will be confirmed instantly once you have clicked the "DONE" button at the end of the application.
22. How will I know if our council earns a spot among the TOP 25 Diversity Councils?
The ADC will contact the person listed as the primary contact on the application of their council’s selection within 4 weeks of the closing application date of June 20th. All other applicants will be notified shortly thereafter.
23. When will the awards be announced?
The TOP 25 award recipients will be announced and awards presented during the 2013 Diversity Council Conference in Washington D.C. on October 2-3, 2013.
24. If I have technical problems or need support with the application, who do I contact?
If first you are unable to find your answer by reviewing the Application FAQs, then email your question or comment to Ask Diversity Council Application Question.